Siri, the personal assistant available with the release of iPhone 4S has become a necessity for most users. Updated to iOS 6, Siri offers many useful features such as dictation when writing a mail or a text, searching for close friends and locations and even keeping you in touch with the latest sport news. It is an indispensable feature on all iOS devices.
However, some users complained about a Siri error when updating their new iPad on iOS 6. Some of these errors appear when the internet connection is poor or weak. In this case, there is nothing to fix. When the Siri error appears despite the high quality internet connection, then you need to do something to fix it.
Here is a step-by-step guide to fix the Siri problem and to use the personal assistant at its full power.
Step 1. The first option you have when Siri is not working, is to reboot or restart your device in the classic way. This is how you do it.
1. Press and hold the Sleep or Power button.
2. Choose the Turn off your device option and wait several seconds.
3. Restart your device and see if the problem is fixed. This is the simplest solution that proved to be successful in some cases.
Step 2. Another successful alternative is to restart your Network settings.
1. Go to Settings app in the General section.
2. Search the Rest option and select Rest Network Settings.
3. After you receive the confirmation message, your Network Settings will be restarted. If there was a problem with your internet connection, this should solve it. However, if this is not working either, there is another alternative available.
Step 3. In order to fix the Siri problem, you have the possibility to restore your device. Keep in mind that this means to restore Factory Settings on your device. I am sure that you all know what this means. For this option, you should back up your files to keep them safe. For this procedure, you can use the iTunes Back Up feature.
Before you choose the last option, you choose try out the previous ones. The Restore alternative should be the last resort.