It is a safe thing to back up your iPhone contacts in order to avoid a catastrophe. Many things might end up wrong, especially when you are trying to modify something related to its operating system. If you do not what to lose valuable contacts, you should start to synchronize your iPhone contacts. For this process, there are several alternatives you can use. For example, you can use your Gmail account, iTunes account or the iCloud possibility. In this way, if something wrong happens with your iPhone or you just break it; you will have your iPhone contacts backed up with Gmail, iTunes or iCloud.
This is how to sync your iPhone contact with Gmail:
1. Connect your device to your computer and launch the iTunes app.
2. Select your device in the list of Identified devices and select the Info tab.
3. In this tap, check the Sync Address Book contacts and select All contacts.
4. In the next step, you need to mark the Sync Google Contacts. This will require you to enter your Gmail address and your password. Then press OK.
5. Now, all you have to do is to click Apply and all you iPhone contacts are saved in your Gmail account.
As a second alternative, this is how you sync your iPhone contacts using the iTunes account. When you use iTunes account to back up your iPhone contacts, they will be saved on your computer storage.
1. First, you have to open iTunes on your computer and connect your device with the USB cable.
2. Find your device in the list and select it.
3. Click on the Back up option. This will save your iPhone contacts on the internal storage in your computer, along with all other personal data such as apps or files.
In the last part, you can use iCloud to sync your iPhone contacts and keep them in a safe place.
1. In the Settings menu in your iPhone, press on iCloud option.
2. It is required to enter your Apple ID and password. If you do not have one yet, this is the time to make one.
3. After you signed in, you will see the Contacts option. Turn it on.
4. Tap on Storage & Backup. Next, choose the Backup now option. This will save your iPhone contacts to the iCloud account.
It is a measure of safety to sync your iPhone contacts with Gmail, iTunes or iCloud. In this way, you will always have them in a safe place whenever something wrong happens.