As you all know, Apple has released the iOS 5.1.1 a while ago and now, most Apple owners already upgraded to this version, it did not took long before jailbreakers discovered a way to jailbreak this iOS version and now, tethered jailbreak is available. If you upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 and you want to perform jailbreak, even with the condition of being a tethered version, then you have multiple possibilities. However, for those of you who have already jailbroken their device using the SnowBreeze software, in this case, you need to use iBooty to boot in the tethered mode. Since tethered means that you have to boot your device in a jailbreak mode each time your restart it, it seems that this small tweak is more than useful.
Let me show you how you can use iBooty in order to perform tethered boot on your iOS 5.1.1 device.
- First of all, you need to start the jailbreak process. After it is completed, you must run the iBooty from your computer and select the device you want to boot.
- The next step requires you to put your device in the DFU mode. You need to follow all instructions demanded by the iBooty application.
- Press and hold the Home button and the Power button for at least 10 seconds.
- Release the Power button but keep pressing the Home button for at least another 20 seconds.
- Once your device is placed in the DFU mode, launch iBooty and select your device from the list. Once you select it, you may press the Start button. You need to let iBooty to do its job.
The installation process will be completed and iBooty will boot your device in a tethered mode. Once you see the message of confirmation, you are free to reboot your device. After this, you are able to use your iPhone as a brand new jailbroken device. With the help of iBooty tweak, you may use your device safe in a tethered mode without worrying that Safari or Cydia may crash anytime.